February 20, 2012

Walking Dead 2x09 Review


Triggerfinger

Like last week I'm not going to go all in depth with this review. There are so many Walking Dead reviews out there. I mean there's even a Walking Dead review show on at midnight on the East Coast. I'll just talk about things I noticed, and feel important. Once again, I will really try to refrain from talking about the comic book since they are clearly going a different direction in several ways, and if they are not then I don't want to spoil people. 

The biggest thing I took away from this episode was the two clearly defined groups we saw form at the end of the episode. Shane and Andrea are acting all rouge and outsider again, and Lori is really trying to convince Rick that it's time to kill Shane. With those two groups we have to see where the others would align. I think Glen clearly would be with Rick. Darryl and Carol would be on the sidelines since they clearly wouldn't give a rats ass who was in control since they've both lost everything that they could possibly care about. Dale is the tricky one. He would support Rick over Shane in a heartbeat, but he loves Andrea. I think if it came down to it, and he had to choose between protecting her, or helping to harm her he would turn his gun on Rick before anyone could say a word. 


It will be a very interesting next few episodes, and I really wonder if Shane would ever kill Rick. I mean, Carl would never in a million years forgive him right? And now that Lori is pregnant Carl will be even more protective of their family unit. 

Okay, can I say something about Lori? What the frak?? I know we're all supposed to hate Shane now, but he did the absolute right thing in lying to her so she went with him back to camp. I mean she's PREGNANT!  Not only that, but he has a son back at the farm. Hey Lori, you know what would be worse than Carl losing his father? LOSING BOTH HIS PARENTS! She has no brain it seems at times. I used to say Andrea did stupid things, but at least she was making an effort. Most of her mistakes were more from inexperience, or trying to hard to impress everyone. Lori though just does really dumb things, and doesn't appear to have any concept of the horrible consequences that could follow. 

Also, everyone kept looking at her like half her face was torn off. She had a small little cut on her lip. How is someone in a horrible car accident like that, and their only injury is a small cut on the lip? If we didn't see her in that car accident, I don't think we ever would have realized she was hurt. Clearly this is not the fault of the character, or the actress but it still bothered me. 

I did love the Glen and Maggie scenes. It was heartbreaking when she thought for a moment that he was saying something very kind, and hiding for her was a good thing. Glen does have a point, but in a world like this shouldn't someone have something to live for? I mean look at Rick. He has a family and he never shies away from danger. Glen is not a coward, we know this. Maggie knows this. He just has to figure it out for himself and become comfortable with his new relationship. 

That's about all I have for this episode. I enjoyed it, and of course loved all the zombie killing. We also finally got some humans dying from zombie attacks! It's been a while. 


No comments:

Post a Comment