February 7, 2012

30 Day Sci-Fi Challenge -- Day 7

Best Non-Human Character - The Doctor



What is there to say about The Doctor? I could go on and on about how much I love him, but I think the best thing to do is just list some quotes that describe him. Cause the writers are much better than me at explaining how awesome/terrifying/glorious/genius/funny/crazy he is.

Yes I know these are all from the new series. I love classic Who, but I love these quotes. If there are some from classic Who that you'd like to share please post them in the comments!
"I am just a mad man with a box" -- 11th Doctor
"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?" -- 10th Doctor
"Because I've seen him. He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever... He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe... And... he's wonderful." -- Tim Latimer
"You make them so afraid. When you began, all those years ago, sailing off to see the universe, did you ever think you’d become this? The man who can turn an army around at the mention of his name? Doctor – the word for healer, and wise man, throughout the universe. We get that word from you, you know. But if you carry on the way you are, what might that word come to mean? To the people of the Gamma Forests, the word "doctor" means "mighty warrior". How far you’ve come. And now they’ve taken a child. The child of your best friends. And they’re going to turn her into a weapon, just to bring you down. And all this, my love...in fear of you." -- River Song
"It's like when you're a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standin' still. I can feel it; the turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinnin' at 1,000 miles an hour and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour, and I can feel it. We're fallin' through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am." -- 9th Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment