January 9, 2012

30 Day Film Challenge -- Day 6





A Film that Reminds You of Somewhere -- Space Camp


There are some places in this World where we just feel at home. Usually those places are our homes, but it's a wonderful change when those places are somewhere far away from home. I went to Space Camp, or Space Academy since I was a little older, for a few years in a row and it was the best time I ever had at any kind of camp. I met some great friends, and I wish I stayed in touch with them. I have a large interest in astronomy and the space program, and every other person there shared that interest. I remember wishing I could stay there all year round. Who would have imagined that one of my favorite places on Earth would be located in Alabama?

This is not a great movie, but it's certainly a fun movie and it always reminds me of my time at Space Camp. Not simply for the title, but because it was party filmed there, and the love of the space program is evident in the film. Another thing I want to point out is how amazing that cast is!  Check out this film if you can, it's a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment