January 17, 2012

30 Day Film Challenge -- Day 16

A Film That You Used to Love but Now HATE -- Independence Day





So, when this movie first came out back in the 90s I was in love with it. It was one of the coolest things I had ever seen. Now though I see it as a crapfest of nonsense plots, horrible acting, and moments that make so little sense that it hurts my brain to try to think about them. 

The stuff with uploading a virus from a laptop to a super advanced alien ship using AOL is the dumbest thing ever. I don't care if he's the best hacker on Earth, that makes no sense at all. The special effects that looked so great in 1996 now look really really bad. The scene of the dog jumping into the closet looks like a little kid made it on their computer using nothing but photoshop. 

Last thing I'll say, and this always bothered me but I guess I used to brush it off. At the end of the movie when Dennis Quaid flies into the weapon and destroys the ship they are like "tell everyone how to bring those things down".  Does that mean that someone will have to fly into the main weapon to bring down each one? How do you decide which pilot will commit suicide like that? Also, don't they now have to wait for each ship to use the weapon again, and hope that they can fly in at the exact right time so they destroy the ship? 

Makes no sense..at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment