August 10, 2011

New features!

In the coming days I'll be starting two new features here on the site.

As you can see, the site has been almost totally TV and Film reviews. That is not what I planned, and not what I want the site to be solely about. The idea of the Podcast always has been to look back on things and discuss them, but we also had a lot of fun with random rants and rambles. With that in mind, I have decided to bring that to the blog.

The first of the new features will be "Geek Moment of the Day". This will be a daily post about something in the World of Geek that I saw, read, heard about, or simply occurred to me at random. The plan, is for me to then pick a Geek Moment of the Month at the end of each month. Know that your comments will be a huge factor in my decision so feel free to say anything about any of these many moments. Now, what do I do if I can't think of anything? Well, if there is nothing that I can think of, or nothing I would post I simply will skip a day. I feel no moment would be better than a lame one, or worse, a made up one. I'm pretty excited about this since I have many of these moments happen to me, and I love telling people about these so why not you guys too?

The second is a little different. I'm planning on a Rant Post. I haven't yet come up with a super clever heading, so any suggestions will be welcomed. These rants will range from things like, commercials that annoy me, to serious issues of the day. As I stated in one of the very first posts I will keep religion out of these, and I will try to do the same with politics. If a rant is more serious and I fear may offend I will put a disclaimer on. With that said, the serious rants will be few and far between. The rate of these posts will also be a bit random. I think weekly will be a good idea. That leaves a lot of time for me to find something good to rant about, and spreads them out enough so I don't become annoying. I might be annoying anyway so it's good to not be too annoying.

So yeah, I hope these sound cool!

1 comment:

  1. You may have mentioned this already, but a little spaceship told me Eureka has not been picked up for S6 as was originally planned by SyFy. Hopefully, this gives Eureka writers enough time to give us an awesome ending to an awesome, fun show! I can't help but think due to Lost producers negotiating a S6 ending ahead of time, producers and networks are planning things out a little better. Even though SyFt cited a "business decision" for not picking up Eureka beyond S5. I am just now making my way through S3 via Hulu.

    Patti B.

    ReplyDelete